Your Home Network is the backbone, the foundation, of your entire connected house. It is the single most important part of the 21st century home.
Without a good and reliable network that reaches all areas of your home effectively, you will experience connection issues with products regularly. And most commonly, users blame this on the product itself, when in fact, it is your homes wifi network that is the cause.
The other important factor overlooked by consumers, is your online security. While there are many ways to improve your security, the basic necessity is a good, trusted and up-to-date router. And when I say up to date, I don't necessarily mean new, I mean the firmware is upgraded often. One of the biggest risks to a network is old software on your router.
So tell me, when was the last time your ISP's (internet service provider) wifi router had its firmware upgraded?
Don't know! Well, you are not the only one. The majority of ISP routers do not have automatic upgrades. And due to their low cost, often after a year or two, stop having updates available at all.
Introducing Ubiquiti Network solutions.
We have been installing Ubiquiti Networks for years. In many commercial projects they have been replacing the once popular Cisco network solutions. And for Homes we suggest these also, for many reasons. So we are now bringing our expertise to you.
1. The Ubiquiti Unifi Network solution is reliable. It is an enterprise grade solution, meaning it needs to work 99.9% of the time.
2. The UI of the Unifi Management program is user friendly. It provides a graphical user interface that most users can understand well and get important information about their network, its activity and usage.
3. Ubiquiti is used the world over. It is one of the most widely used network solutions, and has many different products available to suits your specific needs. No all in one solution here that fails to meet your needs on some tasks and over compensates on others. A Unifi network has a variety of products available for any solution, and they all blend together to create one "unified" or "ubiquitous" network.
4. Unifi Networks can auto-update their firmware. Security is paramount.
5. Each Unifi network is broken down into parts. A Gateway (router), the controlling software (cloudkey) the Access Points (wifi hubs) and if required a switch. This allows each part to be replaced or upgraded without effecting your entire network. Each component will auto-save its configuration on a regular basis too. It also means you can install your WAP's where they are needed most.
6. Future Proof. As each part of the network is individual, you can upgrade your WAPs (Wifi Access Points) to a new and faster one without having to re-setup your entire network or have any downtime at all.
7. One or as many networks as you want. Your ISP router will supply you with 2 SSID (network names) A 2.4Ghz SSID and 5Ghz SSID. A Unifi network will combine these for you and automatically put your device on the best band depending on your signal strength and data your are using. Now that's convenient. Adding to this, we can setup Guest networks and networks for your kids that you can either have scheduled to be on/off, or disable temporarily yourself via the Unifi phone app.
If all this sounds too much and too expensive, try the Ubiquiti Amplif Mesh Router option. This is a simple DIY system that will give you a vast improvement over your current system and can be easily setup with your mobile phone and app.
The internet and the connected home is the future and it is coming whether you want it or not. Companies are producing more and more devices that connect to your wifi router. And you ISP router can neither handle this many devices, nor provide the relevant security upgrades you require.
Your router is the Gateway to the outside world, do not leave it unsupervised and open for all to see.
For a full range of Ubiquiti Unifi products and their specs click here